Facebook or Google: Which Should You Choose For Your Online Advertising?
When it comes to owning a successful practice, a coherent, purposeful online advertising plan is key. With more and more patients finding their doctors on the Internet, online marketing has become increasingly effective and important.
The first step to building your practice’s online reputation is to create a practice website, one that presents informative content about your services, is easy to navigate, and acts as a platform for patients to book appointments. If you don’t already have a website, a healthcare marketing agency like docero can help you get started.
If you already have a website, that’s great. Patients will now be able to find your website through Google or direct links, but there are other ways to promote your practice as well. For example, paid advertisements are an effective way to draw new patients to your site. The two most popular advertising platforms to choose from are Facebook and Google. Each has positive and negative aspects, and we’re here to help you choose the best option for your practice. Though they may seem similar, the two platforms actually have many distinguishing features.
Here are some of the highlights:
- ‘Paid Social’: users are served ads based on how they behave online and what they are interested in, allowing for more specific targeting.
- Granular audience: because ads are served as a result of online user behavior, Facebook allows companies to get very specific about the demographic they want to target. For example, you can specifically show your ads to men, 30-45, who work in the financial industry.
- Cost: Your budget is often a significant consideration when it comes to deciding how you want to advertise. Because Facebook allows you to specify your choice of demographic, the minimum budget necessary to get started is often smaller than that of Google AdWords.
- Visual advertising: Facebook advertising allows you to create ads that include photos and videos. On the other hand, advertisements by Google are solely text-based.
- ‘Paid advertising’: Google Adwords has become synonymous with this term as a result of its dominance across the online space. In this model, companies bid on particular keywords and phrases they want to be found for. For example, as an ENT doctor, you might bid on users searching Google for “balloon sinuplasty.” If you win the bid, your ad will show above the organic search results.
- Reach: One of Google’s primary advantages over other search engines is its ability to reach a wide audience. Because so many people use Google for its online search function, Google offers companies the opportunity to reach an unprecedented number of potential customers.
- Quality: An advertisement’s quality score is one of the ways, aside from your bid, that helps Google determine the placement. The more relevant an ad is for a keyword, the higher it will rank. Because Google rewards well written, targeted ads, it pays to ensure yours are well written.
Ready to Start Online Advertising?
As you can see, although often seen as competing forces, these two platforms are different in the way they serve customers. When it comes to choosing which one is best for your company, it’s important to take these factors into account. Making the most of your online marketing can make a big difference to the success of your business. If you’re unsure which one is right for you, a medical marketing agency like docero can help you make the right decision. Give us a call today.