Marketing for Doctors: The Ultimate Guide
Marketing your medical practice can be a daunting task. That’s why we’ve compiled this list of our best medical marketing resources, divided into 7 convenient chapters. From creating a search engine optimization campaign to getting more 5-star patient reviews, this guide has you covered.
MEDICAL MARKETING FUNDAMENTALS
If you’re new to marketing or looking to brush up on the basics, these resources are a great introduction to your journey. Think of it as a beginner’s tutorial to help you decide if you really want to DIY marketing or would rather enlist our help.
- Getting Started With Marketing as a Doctor
- Digital vs. Traditional Marketing for the Healthcare Industry
- Why Should You Let a Healthcare Marketing Agency Run Your Campaigns?
WHAT IS SEO AND WHY IS IT IMPORTANT
These resources are great for readers who have little to no prior knowledge of search engine optimization. You’ll learn what SEO is, why it’s important for your practice, and how Google+ listings are related.
RANK AT #1 WITH THESE ESSENTIAL SEO TIPS & TRICKS
Now that you have a basic knowledge of SEO, we can get into the fun stuff. We’ll teach you how to choose great keywords to optimize for, track your results with SEO apps, avoid common SEO mistakes, and utilize the most important strategies of 2017.
- Healthcare Success Strategies Begin with Keywords
- 5 Essential SEO Apps for Doctors
- Top 10 SEO Mistakes for Doctors & Medical Practices
- Search Engine Optimization in 2017
GET MORE APPOINTMENTS BY IMPROVING YOUR SITE DESIGN
Of course, SEO is not the only component of medical marketing. It’s equally important that your website design and content encourages patients to schedule an appointment. These resources will teach you how to do just that.
- 5 Reasons Why Patients Leave Your Website
- The Ultimate Website Optimization Guide for Doctors
- 10 Best Medical Web Design Tips
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Medical Website Imagery
- How to Write a Good Call to Action
IMPROVE YOUR ONLINE REPUTATION WITH PATIENT REVIEWS
One of the most important factors a prospective patient looks at to decide whether or not to schedule an appointment with you is your online reputation. Make sure you’re frequently getting new reviews and correctly addressing negative reviews.
INCREASE YOUR PROFITS WITH PAID ADVERTISING
Paid advertising is a quick and easy way to get new patients. If done right, your profits will wildly exceed your spending. Learn about the biggest paid advertising platforms and how to use them below.
- Should I Use PPC? Pay-Per-Click 101 for Doctors & Medical Practices
- Should Your Practice Use Zocdoc?
- Is RealSelf Worth Paying For?
- Facebook or Google: Which Should You Use For Your Online Advertising?
ADVANCED SEO TOOLS & TECHNIQUES FOR THE EXPERIENCED MARKETER
For the experienced SEO, we’ve compiled some advanced search engine optimization techniques and guides to give you that extra boost you need to stand out from the crowd.
- Measuring Success of Medical SEO Series
- Broken Link Building Step-by-Step Guide (Using Free Tools!)
- Ahrefs Keyword Explorer 2.0 vs. Google Adwords Keyword Planner
- Easy Schema Markup for Doctors & Medical Practices